Macromolecules Video and Questions
Here are a few questions and concepts that you should be familiar with as you explore what living things need. All of the questions are related to macromolecules.
- All organic chemical compounds possess one thing in common.-all of them contain the element ____________.
- Carbohydrates are made up of three different elements in a ratio of 1:2:1. In order, these elements are __________, ________, and _______________.
- A simple sugar called _____________, whose chemical formula is C6H12O6 is broken down during glycolysis.
- Creating larger molecules from smaller molecules is called__________________.
- What three elements make up lipids?
- What is stored in the chemical bonds of lipids?
- Proteins are made up of chains of simple molecules called__________.
- What is the job of an enzyme?
- Nucleic Acids are made up of chains of simple molecules called__________.
- What holds your master set of instructions that control both the day to day operations and the reproduction of cells?
In order to find answers to these and other related questions consider watching the following video clips. Each clip reveals important information about macromolecules.
Watch the videos in the video showcase below. You can move from one video to the next by using the arrow in the upper right hand corner.Macromolecules Video Clips: